Bolton Wanderers are reportedly facing a battle to keep their prized asset Luca Connell as interest hots up in the teenager.
According to the Mail, a number of clubs – including Celtic – are interested in signing the 18-year-old, who was recently called up to a Republic of Ireland training camp.
Connell, who could leave for as little as £240,000, recently signed a contract extension at Bolton, who are currently in administration.
The Liverpool-born midfielder, who can also play in defence, is seen as an expensive asset at the club and could be a lucrative resource for any potential new owner at the club.
Bolton were relegated from the Championship at the end of the 2018/19 season and failed to fulfil their final match against Brentford – and they are set to start their campaign in League One next term on -12 points.
Owner Ken Anderson has been trying to sell the club for some time and six potential parties met last week’s initial deadline, with one already been eliminated from the running.
Joint administrator Paul Appleton said they hope a heads of terms agreement could be signed by Friday.
“We have made it clear from the outset of this process that speed is of the essence,” he said.
“Bidders have to be aware of the time constraints. Urgent decisions as to the sale will need to be made in the best interest of the club and creditors as we work to finalise a deal over the coming weeks.”
Click Here: Sports Water Bottles